From the 26th year of the Republic of China (1937) to the early days of the founding of the People's Republic of China (1952)
In 1933, according to the notice of the Holy See, Fu Jen University of Peking was taken over by the Divine Word Missionaries from the Order of Saint Benedict of the Catholic Church.
In 1937, entrusted by the Divine Word Missionaries, its priest, Zhang Weidu, purchased land at Sanzuoqiao Road of Prince Kung's Palace outside Di'anmen for 199,000 yuan. The area consisted of 569 rooms and 60 corridors, as well as gardens, which covered a total area of around 3.28 hectares (49.3 mu), east to Jiafu Road, south to Shicha River, west to Shichahai River, and north to Ximeichang Street, which were used for the women's college in the university.
After purchasing the mansion, the university invited Chinese architecture experts, such as Liang Sicheng, Lin Huiyin, Liu Dunzhen, Liu Zhiping, Mo Zongjiang to conduct surveying and mapping.
Subsequently, the halls of the mansion were demolished and remodeled, with the Duofu Belvedere serving as the reading room of the women's college, Jiale Hall as an auditorium, Rear Building as the girls' dormitory, and Xijin Studio as a place for female students to sing and play chess for entertainment.
In September 1939, as the university began to enroll more female students, Prince Kung's Palace was renamed Women's College of Fu Jen University of Peking, and was administered by the Sisters of the Holy Spirit.